Norwex has become a worldwide company, known for its environmentally friendly cleaning and beauty products. Norwex began in 1994 in Norway and has since become a successful multi-level marketing (MLM) enterprise with consultants all around the world.
The Norwex concept of “Clean Without Chemicals” drives the company to reduce the use of chemicals in their cleaning and personal care products. They have a wide range of products from microfiber cloths to mops for cleaning, and facial creams to deodorant for personal care.
Many people have asked if Norwex is a scam or a Pyramid scheme, see Norwex Scam, but it seems to be a legitimate company offering “real” products for a profit. They use consultants to host parties and sell their products, while also trying to acquire new consultants, very similar to a pyramid. Norwex does stand behind their products and it’s difficult to authenticate how well their products actually work as opposed to cheaper, off-the-shelf products of a similar nature.
- 1994 – Norwex started their “Clean without Chemicals” campaign in Norway. Microfiber cloths were manufactured in Sweden, sometime shortly before this.
- 1995 – In Norway, the company jumped into the home party market.
- 1999 – Expanded into the United States and Canada. The business added personal care products, without chemicals, to their growing lineup of products.
- 2004 – Expanded into Estonia, Lithuania, and Latvia.
- 2008 – Opened its doors to Australia.
- 2010 – The company exceeded 20,000 consultants worldwide.
You may visit the Norwex website for more information.